Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Twitter Board

A few months ago I found this super cute idea on Pinterest.
I knew I wanted to use it at some point so I pinned it. :) We use Twitter a lot in my classroom. I have a class Twitter page and we love to "Think-Pair-TWEET." Twitter in the Classroom is a pretty cool thing and there are tons of neat things you can do with it. It's actually pretty amazing how much effort kids put out anytime I mention we're going to tweet. :)

Earlier this week I sent home an assignment. It was called "A Tweet in the Life of of a 5th Grader." They basically just had to write what their status update or tweet would be all day/night. Anything they thought, were doing, etc. I put about 20 lines on the paper and just about everyone filled them all in. :) You would've thought I just gave them all a million bucks they were so excited that their homework was to tweet. Ha!

The next day we shared our tweets and did activities involving Elapsed Time. Then, we put the tweets in chronological order. :)

I just got my official Twitter Board up this afternoon (just in time for Open House) so I wanted to share.  As you can imagine, it's quite the hit in the 4th and 5th grade hall.


10 comments:

  1. That's such a cute idea!! I do love me so twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I am going to have my students Tweet about the upcoming State test. I've been needing to update my board outside of my classroom. Can't wait to get started. Thank for sharing.

    http://ericashep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, I just found your blog through the Linky Party and I am so glad I am your newest follower! I LOVE the Twitter board and idea...I will have to do this next year!!! Plus, I loved your Valentine's Day In it to Win it post and Super Bowl unit and I just had to tweet about it! Your blog is awesome! Come and checkout my blog anytime!

    Andrea
    One Teacher's Take

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you through the linky party and look forward to stalking you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog through the linky party. I teach a fifth/sixth split. Your classroom looks like a great place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi..I just found your blog through the link party. I am your newest follower! Come over and visit my blog when you have a chance.

    Sharima

    Lovebuglearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That a cute idea, I bet your fifth graders LOVED IT! I'm your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete